What we do in 5th Grade:
• The Sacraments: The seven Sacraments, the Beatitudes, & Sacraments
• Baptism and Confirmation: Baptism, Confirmation, Profession of faith.
• The Eucharist: The Eucharist, the Communion of Saints, & the Lord’s Prayer
• Number and Operations in Base Ten: Round decimals to any place. Fluently multiply multi-digit whole numbers. Add, subtract, multiply, and divide decimals to hundredths.
• Number and Operations – Fractions: Use equivalent fractions to add and subtract fractions. Multiply and divide fractions
• Measurement and Data: Make a line plot to display a data set.
• Geometry: graph points on the coordinate plane.
• Key Ideas and Details: Quote accurately from a text Determine a theme of a story, drama, or poem from details in the text.
• Craft and Structure: Determine the meaning of words and phrases.
• Integration of Knowledge and Ideas: Compare and contrast stories in the same genre.
• Cell biology: Classifications and functions of cells.
• Ecosystems: Adaptation, Food chains, and food webs.
• Hydrology: Water cycle & conservation.
• Gravity and Mass: Gravitational Forces, Mass, and weight.
• Early America: Colonization, early settlers, and the start of the nation.
• American Revolution: Causes of the revolution, the fight for freedom, founding fathers, and the birth of the United States.
• The United States grows and divides: The expansion and settlement of the American West & the Civil War.